Our engineering staff offer a full range of services for your project’s geotechnical and environmental, and energy needs.
Our drilling equipment consists of two truck-mounted drilling rigs capable of drilling and rock coring to a depth of approximately 300 feet using hollow-stem augers, wash borings, and/or casing advancers and are equipped with wire line and automatic sampling hammers. STL abides by strict schedules of maintenance for all rigs and can assure our clients that our field crews rarely experience equipment breakdowns in the field.
Environmental and Energy Engineering
STL offers comprehensive environmental consulting and testing services to companies, individuals, and municipalities. Such services include Phase I and II environmental site assessments, assisting in the selection and coordination of the work of remediation contractors, asbestos inspection, mirco purge groundwater sampling, sediment control inspection, landfill closure quality assurance, radiological assessments, UST and RCRA closures, and investigation.
Energy services include Level 1 building energy audits, energy benchmarking, thermal imaging of building envelopes, and roof moisture surveys.
Utilizing the full resources of our testing equipment and experienced environmentalists, geologists, and engineers, STL is committed to providing the highest quality of environmental consultation.
Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Provide a historical review of the subject and neighboring sites
- Obtain building, fire, and environmental records to uncover any violations
- On-site observation to verify the presence of underground storage tanks and whether past or present owners have stores, created, or discharged hazardous waste
- Provide comprehensive reports to clients. Any uncovered “red flag” trouble areas could lead to Phase II environmental site assessment
Phase II Environmental Site Assessment
- Provide field sampling of waste, soil, and groundwater to identify suspected contaminants by STL’s crews and engineers who are certified under the OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training program
- Provide analytical laboratory results
- Provide comprehensive site assessment reports to the client
Asbestos Inspections and Asbestos Abatement Supervision
STL has Ohio EPA licensed asbestos hazard evaluation specialists, asbestos project designer, and asbestos hazard abatement specialits to service asbestos projects.
Construction and Industrial SWPP Plans and Inspections
STL has a Certified Professional in Erosion & Sediment Control (CPESC) and Certified Erosion, Sediment, and Storm Water Inspector (CESSWI).
- Assist in selecting and coordinating the work of remediation contractors
- Micropurging groundwater sampling
- Landfill closure quality assurance
- Perform underground storage tank (UST) closure assessment and site assessments
- Radiological assessments
- RCRA closures and facility investigation
- Environmental monitoring
- Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program (VAP), assesments, remediation, and No Further Action Letters
- ASHRAE Level 1 Building Energy Audits
- Building Energy Benchmarking
- Thermal Imaging of Building Envelopes and Flat Roof Moisture Damage Surveys